Mental Maps

Flora Lau
9/10/19
Mental Mapping
      Today I learned in class about mental mapping. A mental map is a personal visualization of spatial information. We use mental maps to find our way from point A to point B. For example, I have go to school everyday and I've been there so many times that I know how to get to school from my house just from memory. The areas around school that I remember are called activity spaces. Activity spaces are local areas within which people move or travel to during the course of their daily activities. Overall, mental maps provide people with essential means of making sense of the world and of storing and recalling information about the patterns of Earth's physical and human features. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyber Day #5

Ancient Greece is the Word

Warring City States